Aurea is a planet in the Corellian Sector and within Aurea system that has become known for its well-skilled and master artisans of the Aurean Glassmakers Guild. It is also known for its beautiful varying landscape of vibrant colors.
- Sector: Corellian Sector
- System: Aurea System
- Moons: 3 (3rd is Ifeoma)
- Rotation Period: 20 hours
- Orbital Period: 266 days
- Primary Language: Galactic Basic Standard
- Government: Soulworks Collective Advisory Council
- Each continents' elected ruler acts as the representative to the Soulworks Collective Advisory Council. Council meetings are all held in Crysallia, with the capital city's continental ruler acting as the head of the council, but only administratively as each council member has equal power and representation.
- Population: 240 Million (62% Human, 38% Other)
- Major Cities: Crysallia (capital), Kammas
- Major Export: Glass Crafts
- Aurean Glassmakers Guild: Members of the guild use the Eternal Furnace, a giant lava pool for their most audacious and important projects. Apprentices to the guild spend many years just developing the tolerances necessary to work in the presence of such fiery heat, and the most incredible works of glass known in the galaxy come from the artisans who work with the Furnace.
Aurea is a planet of mid-sized land masses making up various continents, surrounded by deep blue oceans. Most of the continents have a tropical climate with a few having a more temperate. However, no matter the biome or geology, all of Aurea can be described by one word: vibrant. The shallow seas shimmer with brilliant turquoise, while the ocean depths appear a rich, majestic blue. The desert sands reflect the sun's light in a rippling golden hue; the tropical forests cover vast swaths of land in a million shades of lush green. Whatever the quirks of Aurea's climate and geology, the planet appears an iridescent jewel from space, and just as beautiful on the ground.
Locations of Note
- Shakamm Crater: Located on the large northern continent that house the planet's capital, the Shakamm Crater remains one of the planet's most important locations. It measures over 10 kilometers across. The Mardri arcology perches on the northwest lip of the crater. Extremely limited mining operations extract the burning crystals for use by the artisans of the Soulworks Collective and those they have approved for special projects.
- Dome of Crystal Fire: In the Torragan Mountains over two thousand kilometers away to the southeast of Crysallia, is the Dome of Crystal Fire, a gargantuan cave deep below the mountains. The same burning crystals cover the walls, creating a dazzling display of constantly shifting colored lights. It is believed that the overall colors and patterns change based on the spirits of those within the cave.
- Eternal Furnace: Also located in the Torragan Mountains is the Eternal Furnace, a giant lava pool used by the Aurean Glassworker's Guild for their most audacious and important projects. Apprentices to the guild spend many years just developing the tolerances necessary to work in the presence of such fiery heat, and the most incredible works of glass known in the galaxy come from the artisans who work with the Furnace.