Guri/plots/Caterpillars And Frogdogs
Caterpillars and Frogdogs
After a generic newscast claiming that the next generation in speeder technology would be released within a few standard weeks but providing no additional details, Incom-FreiTek stock skyrockets. Since financial whales rarely part with their credits so easily on the word of a nameless corporate shill, Guri grows curious and dedicates a few resources to sussing out whether an opportunity is available to be exploited.
At the same time, Black Sun operatives have discovered that Kiaran Zendu, a middle-aged Corellian, has quietly filed a missing persons report explaining that his daughter Voda Zendu has run away. While not particularly interesting on the surface, the man's position as a manager in the Future Division of Incom-FreiTek and the timing of the report with the newscast are awfully coincidental.
- Kiaran's wife committed suicide a number of years ago.
- The man in the picture with Voda is wearing a Crimson Frogdogs jacket.
- The Crimson Frogdogs are a speeder gang out of Tatooine comprised of mostly college aged speeder enthusiasts.
- The Crimson Frogdogs are small-time criminal if at all. They steal vehicles from time to time and do other small jobs to get the credits to support their toy habits.
- The father might have more information.
- The daughter might have more information.
- The Incom-Freitek research lab on Nar Shaddaa might have more information.
- Given the man's wife killed herself, it's strange that the father did not seem super concerned about his daughter in the missing person's report.
- The spike in the company's stock looks suspiciously like something that happened with a pharmaceutical company a little while back.
- The source of the spike at the pharmaceutical company was a leak from within the organization and some tricky work from highly paid slicers.
- Alexis Carew thinks the building may be familiar. Mercenary contacts may make things easier.
- The group decides to approach the father first.