"The last royal of Alderaan must be too strong to cower. Too certain to despair.
And more than that, General, she must be too stubborn to quit if her subjects—and
her culture—are to survive." ―Leia Organa
- What comes before -
Leia Organa was a Force sensitive Human female. She was the biological daughter of fallen Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo, and twin sister of Luke Skywalker. Born on the asteroid Polis Massa, Luke's mother died in labor, and the twins were thought to never have been born by their father, the recently christened Sith Lord Darth Vader. Organa was separated from her brother and adopted by Viceroy Bail Organa and Queen Breha of Alderaan, where she was raised as a princess of the House of Organa. Eventually, she became a senator of the Imperial Senate, but also a key member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
During the Galactic Civil War, Organa was entrusted with the recently-stolen plans of the Death Star but also captured over Tatooine, but not before transferring the plans to an astromech droid, R2-D2, and sending him to meet Jedi Master Ben Kenobi. On the Death Star, Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin forced her to disclose the location of the rebel base and had Alderaan destroyed. Awaiting for her execution, she was rescued by Kenobi, Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO; with their help, they brought the plans to the rebel base on Yavin 4, where the battle station was destroyed. In the aftermath, Organa enlisted the help of Evaan Verlaine and R2-D2 for a mission to protect all surviving Alderaanians from the Empire's hunt.
During the following years, Organa would continue to assist the Rebellion by doing many missions or and overseeing operations, one of them being Echo Base on Hoth, where the Rebellion was forced to evacuate the planet. Organa left aboard the Millennium Falcon, to reach Cloud City on Bespin to repair the Falcon, but Lando Calrissian betrayed them to Vader, leading to Solo's capture and to Organa to realize her love for him. With the exception of Solo, Organa and her companions managed to escape and join with the Alliance fleet.
Following more missions, Organa aided in the successful rescue of Solo from Jabba the Hutt, just in time to join the Battle of Endor, where Organa fought alongside Solo and Chewbacca on the forested moon to destroy the shield generator protecting the second Death Star. During the campaign, Organa learned that Vader was her father, and Skywalker her brother. As the rest of the Alliance, Organa continued with her duties and contributed to the birth of the New Republic.
- What comes after -
- The Fledgling New Republic struggles with Remnants of the Empire until a peace is finally established following the Battle of Jakku one year hence from the battle of Endor.
- After retiring from military service officially, Leia becomes a Senator in the Republic and very nearly takes the Chancellor position in a close vote that sees her character drug through the muck with the reveal of her parentage and relation to darth Vader.
- Snoke makes his appearance from the Outer Rim and Leia positions herself against his admission into the Republic. Her Opposition is met with scorn from those who attempt to label her a war monger who seeks only another fight upon which to re-elevate her sunken public image. Despite this, she manages to keep Snoke from gaining traction and sees him returned to the Outer Rim where he forms the First Order.
- She marries Han Solo in a small ceremony with only close friends and family. Within a year they have their first and only child, Ben Solo.
- Leia begins to personally fund a new group of revolutionaries aimed at curbing the new threat she sees rising in the First Order. She has several advocates still on the Senate who continue to support her efforts monetarily and with ever more man power and ships.
- The Republic unofficially begin to fund the Resistance when several Outer Rim worlds are taken over by First Order fleet. Though none are officially sectioned Republic worlds, the threat this bold move represents is not lost on the Republic leadership. Even if they do not wish to directly involve themselves in another protracted confrontation so soon after the last.
- Leia establish the first formal Resistance base on D'Qar near Jedi Temple Ruins shown to her by her brother Luke Skywalker. That same year, Ben travels with Luke to begin formal training as a Jedi Knight.
- The events of The Force Awaken and The Last Jedi.
- With growing tension and realization that the galaxy requires the Jedi, or at least Force Users, to combat the now full fledged invasion by the First Order, Leia seperates herself from the Resistance, leaves it in the hands of her closest advisers, and travels with Rey to establish a new school on a hidden world where they might build a new order and generation of Jedi.
Note from the Knights of Wren to Leia