Knights of Ren
History and Background
After the fall of the Galactic Empire and the destruction of the Sith Order, a group of elite warriors, led by the mysterious figure, Snoke, formed to take up the mantle of the Dark Side of the Force. When Ben Solo destroyed Luke Skywalker's fledgling Jedi Order, he assumed the name Kylo Ren and became Master of the Knights of Ren.
As an apprentice to Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and an enforcer of Ren's will (much like Darth Vader had been to Emperor Palpatine during the reign of the Galactic Empire), Knights of Ren become influential members of the First Order's power structure. Though they have direct access to the Supreme Leader and can command military officers, they exist outside of the official military command structure. This leads to some tension with the First Order's upper ranks, who contend with them despite being wary that their agenda trumps military objectives. This arrangement deliberately mirrors the Galactic Empire's relationship with Darth Vader, who existed outside of the formal military hierarchy but could nonetheless command the Imperial Military in his own objectives.
With Snoke gone, Kylo Ren is the sole leader of the Knights of Ren. The group follows his dictates and train under his tutelage as a powerful if volatile wielder of the Force. Fusing the most powerful aspects of both the Dark Side and the Light, the Knights walk on the razor's edge between the two, and seek to destroy any Force users who do not follow their particular interpretation of the Force, including other Dark Side practitioners and the Jedi revival following Rey. Fanatical and extreme, Kylo demands total loyalty of his Knights as they pursue a total purge of the galaxy in order to reform the use of the Force.
Why join the Knights of Ren?
- The Knights of Ren are the only option for Dark Side Force users on AoA. If you want to be a Force user and lean Dark, you need to be in the Knights of Ren.
- Train directly under Kylo Ren with other talented pupils, and interact with the First Order as a dangerous and respected figure.
- Be a part of crafting a unique lore in the Star Wars universe that we don't actually know that much about. This is your chance to get ahead of the movies and say 'Aha! JJ Abrams stole my concept!' when Episode IX comes out.
- There are regular GM'd events and a solid core of active players for you to interact with.
- Other unique perks, like crafting lightsabers, TIE Silencers, etc.
Players are required to reach 200 noms on the main grid with another character before they can apply for a Force sensitive character. It must be a new character, not an existing one. It must be created solely for the purpose of joining the Knights of Ren. It should be human or very near human. It should be young, roughly 20-27.